Monday 23 December 2013

Bodykit

I dont know why, but for some weird reason I always need to pressure myself first, before I actually get stuff done.... is it only me or is that a common thing?

Anyway...

It's almost Christmas and the end of the year again.

I haven't done much since my last update, maybe a bit of cleaning or tiding but nothing big really.

I will start working on the exterior now and one thing that bothers me for ages, is my bodykit.
Well the bodykit of my S14 of course :)

I have 2 rear bumpers, skirts and one front bumper.
And I still dont know what look I'm going for.
Will I go for the Vertex kit, like the one my car came with, or will I try something else?

I normally always do "something else", because I hate "mainstream" stuff, even though Vertex looks good on my car ha.

I got a standard front bumper and rear bumper and I think I will try to pull it off that way.

There is also the fact, that I dont have vertex front bumper at the moment.

So I decided to simply try it and start with the standard kit.

The thing is, that I have to get them sprayed, so that is my next goal.

I'm going to find out the paintcode of Nessy and spray the bodykit.
I wont spray it on my own, but I might found someone who can do it :)

Yesterday I also learned, how to sand the bumpers down. With a machine!
How awesome is that?

I started already with sanding down the bumper by hand, but of course that is a bit of a pain.
Therefore I was very happy that I was able to borrow the sanding machine and also got shown how to use it!
(Thanks again Chris!)

I got a few "before" pictures to show what kind of work I'm going to do.

I'm very excited about it, for some reason this is loads of fun :D

Later on I'll drive down to the unit again to finish the bumpers because we got only one done yesterday night.

Yaaaaaay!

So before this year ends, the bodykit will be all sanded down and ready for repair, primer and paint :D








No comments:

Post a Comment