Monday 26 May 2014

Bodykit sprayed!

The weekend was very productive and besides the fact that Nessy is not running yet, I am very happy

After weeks and weeks trying to find a painter or get decent prices on getting the bodykit sprayed, I decided to do it on my own.
Our buddy who is renting the unit with us is into spraying and currently building a spray-boot.
Even though the boot is not ready yet, I got the paint and everything else and with help and a bit of advice I started to spray the bodykit on my own.
Note to myself: DONT FORGET THE MASK. Man was I high after the primer was on. haha

Besides the preparation (I wasnt too much into details as I was just sick of the filler haha and it will be only a temporary solution anyway), it turned out pretty well.

Especially if you consider the conditions (no heater, big shed, cheap spray gun).
So the bodykit is finished

Tomorrow I will have up a fella (whos known here :P) who will come and have a look at Nessy to check out what the spark-issue is.
I did lots of research in the meantime and got a good few tips (thanks to everyone at this stage!!), but I don't have time to experiment, so I need it properly done....QUICK haha

Only 6 days left until Nessy is back on the road!!!


Whats left to do:
If I don't look at "NCT" stuff that I have to get done also, it is only the interior now (and of course get her running).
Putting in seats, harness, dashboard and carpet.

The preparation for NCT is another story but I decided I take care of it later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment