Thursday 21 February 2013

How I got Nessy

I dont know much of my cars history. I was able to find a few informations on a forum though, but now I'd like to tell you, how I got my car.

Its easy actually.
I was always into cars and "car action". As a girl (with no petrol head-friends back then) I never really got into some motorsport and wasnt even aware of Drifting.
Shocking, right?

I always loved challenging roads to drive and even though I tried not to speed on public roads, I might did it a few times. I'd never put anyone into danger, so dont think now I'm a stupid girl who wouldn't care about other people on the road :)
Because of that, I also never ever got any points,tickets or a fine. I'm pretty proud of that fact ha.
So, after a certain movie came out into the cinemas (May 2011), and watching it over 3 times (in the cinema and countless times on DVD), I finally decided:
Girl...you have to change something in your life!
I didnt want to just drive a nice looking and fast car (which was the case at this point), I also wanted to have some action!
So I kept looking and quickly found out about the irish Drift-Community!

I actually couldnt believe how big it is here, so I quickly got into it.
In July 2011 I did an experience-day with "Pro Drift Academy" in Fermoy and tadaaaaa I got the bug! :D
I couldnt imagine not to drift anymore, and as you cant just rent a car for drifting..I got my own first Drift car!

That was in August 2011.
I have to say, I'm very proud of her and my decision. I managed to get her on my own, my own money, my own gained knowledege, I just made my own dream come true. And it feels so good!
Not even paid I a bit for my awesome car, it turned out that I was really lucky with getting her, as she is a well known car and many people wanted to get her back then.
I still receive messages, where people ask me if I would sale them my car.
Sorry guys, still no!

I drove up to Dublin so, and got my car in August 2011. I still remember how many people turned their head after me and one person even did a picture out of their car.
I got an awful fright because of the flash ha. Thought it was an officer or something.

My car arrived sound and safe and thats how she looked like:





I'm still insanly happy with her. Sometimes it frightens me HOW happy this car makes me.
I can tell you one thing.
I probably never ever sell this car. There must be a big fat reason or force who would make me deciding to do so!




Thats how a Drift-lovestory between a car and a girl began :)

No comments:

Post a Comment